Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ethiopian Adventure part 1

Finally, the trip we have been praying, waiting and hoping would finally come. Our trip to meet our sweet boy. I had been so over-the-top excited since we found out about our court date that the weight of this trip hadn't sunk in. It is a very unusual, huge thing to take in: the day you are going to meet your child. It's really hard for me to put it into words. When you are pregnant, you have an estimated due date, but that isn't a sure thing. You aren't really sure what day your child will arrive. Also, with Emory, never once did I think "I really hope she likes us." That wasn't an option-she doesn't have a choice! Not that he does either, but still, these are things that go through your mind.

Over these past 2 years, I have been taking in everything that I can to "prepare" us. I read every book I can get my hands on, went to classes, conferences, talked with other families that had adopted, etc. Now it was our turn to use those things in real life. How would we feel about him? Would it be like taking care of a stranger?

I have heard people say, "It really takes a special person to adopt." I've got news for you, people that adopt aren't any different than anybody else. We still have the same fears that everyone else does.

Now it was time to face those fears and questions, as we get to meet and hold this precious child the Lord has deemed to be ours. I had so many feelings I could have burst.

We packed up all the amazing supplies that so many had been donated and finally headed to the airport!








No comments:

Post a Comment