Friday, July 22, 2011

Dossier Submitted!!! Officially "Waiting"

When I came home late Monday night, I was elated to find our immigrations approval in the mail! This is what we have been waiting for since we first applied for it in April! The missing key for us to turn in our dossier.
Many of you have asked us what exactly is a "dossier?" Basically, it is a big stack of paperwork that tells everything about your life!
Here is a sample for you! Each one of those papers has a stack of papers under it! And almost every one of them had to be notarized or certified! Bank records, birth & marriage certificates, physicals, recommendations, etc. On top of that we needed 3 copies of EVERYTHING!


On Tuesday, Emory and I headed to the Copy, Pack, and Mail with our stack of paperwork and a huge smile!

Ok-I may have been slightly more excited than Em!
Unfortunately, Jonathon was out of town on business. As soon as I told him Monday night, after a few squeals of joy, he said "Text me when you actually put it in the mail, I want to take of picture exactly where I am at that moment." Here is the result of that-
On the road with his buddy Landon and the biggest thing of Mountain Dew I have ever seen!

We overnighted our blood, sweat, and tears to our adoption agency, Holt. They received it and reviewed it Wed. and Thurs., and gave us the thumbs up today! We are now officially on the "wait list."

Although we still have a long wait before us, this was a huge step in our process! We are super pumped! Things are out of our hands now (although we know they have been this whole time!) The next step will be the referral of our sweet baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment